HAPPY SUMMER 2012!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall Surprise!

Well, for those of you who thought baby bunnies were only born in the spring.........





Our dog actually had one of these precious babies in her mouth when Pat noticed and yelled at her and she dropped it. He came and brought it to show Anjolee, Mckenzee and I. We then went out to try and find the nest. We found a shallow hole and put it in and somehow it didn't seem quite right; there should be other bunnies right? Then Mckenzee came trailing along and stepped right on top of the poor thing. I instantly grabbed her up and squealed at the same time which scared her tears.
I picked the abused bunny back up and continued to look for it's nest. We found it a few yards away right next to the frame of the compost heap.
Tucked tightly in the small hole were three other bunnies. I put him in and they all started climbing out!
This one is really stretching and I suppose he was hoping to find his mother.
Watch the video. They are soooooo cute!





We checked on them for several days and they are all doing just fine!

8 comments:

Maimee said...

Yay! A new post! You are doing good Mom! Those baby bunnies are so sweet.

Lexi said...

How CUTE!!!!!!!!!

Anjolee said...

well, doo doo. i see over there that i posted my comment when i was signed in as you.

Connie said...

Ha! Anjolee, at least you weren't under your secret identity, John.

I kinda want to live at your house. I love baby animals. I have yet to see a chicken hatch so I thought if I camped out over there for a few weeks my wish might come true.

Thanks for sharing...I'll have to show the girls!

Connie said...

Oh...I forgot to say...my favorite part of the video is Anjolee telling Sara not to say anything stupid b/c she was videoing and then Sara not saying another word. HA!

Atlee's Mom said...

So precious!

Sara said...

Those little guys are so darn cute!
I hate my voice on recordings! I sound like a boy!

Chel said...

That was precious!!
Rachele